Gluten Free Cast Iron Cornbread!
Recently my family has started to go gluten free....problem is in my small town not much is available on the store shelves. I had a box of cornbread in my closet only to find out it was not gluten free! Luckily after much searching I was able to find a recipe I could alter enough to suit my tastes.lol
Gluten Free Cast Iron Cornbread3/4 Cup rice flour
1 Cup cornmeal
2 to 3 Tablespoons of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon butter
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt) together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the one tablespoon of butter in a 10 inch cast-iron skillet(you can use smaller for thicker cornbread)
- Swirl the butter around the pan coating the bottom and sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and 1/4 cup butter.
- Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet or baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.