Recently I received a chance to review a product that could help me keep some of those joyful products without all the empty calories involved. Nectresse Natural No Calorie Sweetener has been such a helpful tool around here for the last 4 weeks. I add it to of course some of my obvious favorites like my tea and oatmeal, but I have also given it a try in some other products like my baked beans (yes I add sugar to my beans before I eat them). While we only have baked beans maybe twice a month it makes for an average savings of 100 calories a month it adds up if you think about the other products! Swapping my sugar in my tea for Nectresse has cut out at least 150 calories a week!
Here are some other great tips and exercises to help you along in your journey. With bikini season in full swing, many people are trying to shed some last-minute pounds or tone up those muscles while the steamy weather still calls for shorts. Lisa Drayer, M.A., R.D., and celebrity trainer Kristin McGee share their top weight loss tips and body sculpting moves to help you look and feel your best, healthfully and naturally.
- Go Greek: Greek yogurt has nearly double the protein of standard yogurt, so you feel full longer. Research also suggests that calcium, along with certain amino acids found in dairy, work together to preserve muscle and increase fat burning in the body.
- Drink green tea: EGCG, a compound in green tea, may be a natural fat-burner. Several studies have indicated that green tea consumption promotes weight loss. Aim for two cups with each meal – but remember to skip the sugar and add a no calorie sweetener instead.
Supplement Lisa Drayer’s advice with Kristin McGee’s favorite yoga and Pilates poses to help you look great in a sleeveless top or two piece swimsuit!
The Hundred (targets lowers abs, hips)
- Lay on your back with your legs up in the air at about a 45 degree angle
- Lift your head and shoulders up off the floor- Extend your arms forward and vigorously pump them up and down for a count of 100
Rolling like a Ball (targets upper and lower abs)
- Sitting upright, bring your knees into your chest with your feet off the floor
- Stay rounded like a ball and use your lower abdominals to roll back to your shoulder blades, and then back up to sit- Repeat 5 times
Downward Facing Dog (targets abs, quadriceps, arms and shoulders)
- Plant your hands at the front of the mat and step your feet all the way back
- Tuck your toes under and pick up your hips, keeping your arms and legs as straight as possible- Hold for 3 breaths
*The above mentioned products were received in order to help facilitate this review. Some additional content was also provided. However all views expressed are those of my own and were in no way influenced.*