Yummy Banana Nut Bread
I have a love hate relationship with buying bananas they are so good for you but for some reason there is always a couple that start to go bad. I suppose that is why banana bread was created :) here is my favorite recipe to create this tasty treat. Thanks again Martha Stewart for your delicious recipes!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts, and pour into prepared pan.
Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake
comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10
minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.
Now I had a tough time getting the inside of mine done. If the outside gets brown but the inside is not yet cooked cover in foil and continue to bake! For a fun variation you can add some chocolate chips for a tasty treat.