Amazing Baked Potato Soup
I am always looking for new foods to feed my family. While looking up foods for Saint Patrick's Day I found a recipe for potato soup. That recipe gave me the base and inspiration for this soup! If you are looking for a tasty meal for your family look no further. Even my picky husband who somehow had NEVER had potato soup LOVED THIS!
What you need:
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced as fine as you can
- 2 cups mixed veggies
- pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- 3 Pieces of bacon cooked and cut into pieces
How it is done!
- 1.Wash your potatoes and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. When the hour is up take the potatoes out of the oven an unwrap. Cut potatoes in half and let cool enough to peel.Cut the potatoes into small chunks, the smaller you cut them the less cooking time.
- 2. In a large pot met butter and garlic together for a few minutes on low. You want the garlic to sizzle but you do not want the butter to burn.
- 3. Add all ingredients(including potatoes) except the veggies to the pot and let simmer on medium for about 30 minutes, stir occasionally. After 30 minutes add the veggies and continue to simmer.
- 4.Serve topped with cheese, sour cream or any of your favorite toppings.